- I have a test tonight in Sociology. I'm not too concerned, but I missed class last week because I was sick and I never like to take a test when I've missed the preceding class. But since our notes are on Blackboard I have no excuse for not taking the test or doing well on it.
- Yesterday my aunt took Spencer and I to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch since my parents were out of town with my brother. Because we had on red (for Valentine's Day) we each got a $5 off coupon for the next time we eat there!
- I made Spencer brownies from scratch in the shape of hearts for the yesterday. They turned out quite delicious, but now all she can talk about is wanting to eat chocolate cake. Ex. Me: Holiday of Love Spencer, what would you like for breakfast? Her: Chocolate cake. This afternoon- Me: I'm making macaroni and cheese for lunch. Her: No. I want chocolate cake! Me: After you eat your lunch. Her: No No No No No!! Chocolate cake then cheese! Pweese!
- I can't get enough of the Olympics and especially Apolo Ohno! I cry every during ever single montage. I could not control the water works when Alex Bilodeau won Canada's first ever gold medal at a home Olympics. And it got worse when he said he did it for his brother, who has cerebral palsy and can hardly walk. He talked about what an inspiration his big brother was to him and how he never complains about his lot in life Then it turned into a full on, I need a tissue type of crying, when they panned onto the crowd and you see his brother standing at the finish line crying cheering like crazy, just as Alex runs up to him and they hug. Seriously, if you didn't watch it last night, you can read about it here. But grab a tissue because it's a tear jerker!
- I got the best comment from my bloggy friend Sarah the other night and it made my day. It was regarding my new Olympic Crush, Apolo (We're on a first name basis). She wrote "I hope he reads your blog and takes you out for dinner :)" Awww!
- And now for your enjoyment and amusement- a picture of me, circa 1990, at my ice skating recital- where I had a teeny tiny solo moment, which seemed HUGE to my 8 year old self. (Don't laugh too much!)
Roasted, salted, in shell
3 hours ago