Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
(1) Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I feel badly about so many things when it comes to being a mother, a new one pops up every day. But I guess the one that is always with me is I feel guilty that Spencer isn't ever going to have the typical (well I guess it's atypical nowadays) nuclear family like I had. I hate knowing that her father is going to let her down and that she might think it's her fault. It's a weird type of guilt because I wouldn't do anything differently, as it would mean that I wouldn't have Spencer just as she is. But it's always in the back of my mind.
2) Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
- I love rocking Spencer to sleep every night, especially when she takes my face in her hands and gives me kisses.
- I love that when she gets hurt (I don't love that she gets hurt) I'm the only one she wants and only my kisses make it all better.
- I love that I've been able to stay at home with her these first few years of her life.
- I love teaching her something new and the light she gets in her eyes when she's figured it out for herself.
- I love that she loves animals as much as I do and I really love how she talks to them like they're humans who can understand her.
- I love how open minded I've become since being a mother.
- I love that she's all mine, my daughter, my little Spencer.
Here you go ladies, I think you're all amazing moms and I love learning new things from you!
Hayley at Hayley n' Cade
Amy at The Maisy Report
Micha at Dandelion Daydreams
Anne at Anne with an 'e'